Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Fire Fly Field Trib

 In school we went to see fire flies to Place called Kuala selanga
We went to plant mangroves, hiking, zoo and going around Kuala Selanga's historical places  but my favorite part of this trip was planting a mangrove trees we had to hike to mangrove planting site with our boots. During the way to mangrove plating site I saw monital lizard, giant mud skipper, birds and some monkeys. Mrs Nadaraj's boots were taken by monkeys so she didn't go into the mud. When me and all the 6Bs were arrived to the site we took off our shoes and wore socks and boots. When we went into the mud I saw mud skippers and different colors of crabs. It was amazing. I had to work deep in to the mud to plant mangrove trees the mud was leaking into my boots it felt sick. When I decided my planting spot I first made a hole that was size of my mangrove tree's root with a big stick (I knocked the mud three times). Then I pulled of the plastic pocket from mangrove tree my hands were all muddy so I had to take Mr Sheflin's help. After I pulled the plastic I squashed mangrove tree into the hole gently and filled the mud in extra space. Finally I tied the mangrove tree on the bamboo stick. When I finished to plant the mangrove tree I felt proud of my self. During the way back to the ground Rosee pushed me and I fall on the mud. I was stuck and my friend had to dig out the mud so that I could move. Even though my friends dig out the hole one of my boot came off and I had to go back to ground with no shoes it felt like I was stepping on my own droppings. But when I came out from the mud I felt awesome I don't know if its because that I planted mangrove tree or because of getting out of the mud. Even though I was tired I felt really excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment