Monday, September 12, 2011

My Name




My real name is Chan Young Jeon 전찬영. A name that refers to color blue. Whenever I think of my name, I think of number 2. Number 2 is a number matching my name because my name has two letters. Also C and 2 looks alike. Whenever I think of C I imagine color yellow I think this is because vitamin C is yellow, but however I hate color yellow I just don’t like color yellow. Most of the times I am number two I am always number two in science, art, math, and etc. But I pretty like my name most of the times. Sometimes I wish I could have named myself because most of the teachers and my friends mispronounce my name. So, I changed my name to C-Y which is really easy to pronounce. Sometimes I can make jokes out of it. Such as “You C-Y I am C-Y?” or “You C-Y?”.

When I was young my parents were going to name me Ba Da which meant ocean. I think this is why I like sea lives, ocean and color light blue. My parents were going to name me Ba Da because they wanted me to understand others and respect but name Ba Da was for girls so they didn’t name me it. Name CY also makes me special because none of my friends have a name that is only 2 letters and they don’t have a name they can make a joke out of.


Now days I don’t care what the people say about my name. I don’t care if they mispronounce my name because I know my name is C-Y and no matter what people say about my name I am C-Y. I also don’t care if people make jokes out of my name. But I expect people to respect my name and try to pronounce my name correct. My name is C-Y Chan Young Jeon and I am proud of my name.

No comments:

Post a Comment